School Staff Compassion Resilience and Self Care
· Assessment - Building Trust and Well-Being Through Trauma Informed Communities - Center on Great Teachers and Leaders
o This handout offers a self-assessment for school leaders that includes an array of trauma-informed strategies for fostering trust, wellbeing, and resilience for all in the learning environment during these unprecedented times.
· Assessment - Educator Resilience and Trauma-Informed Self-Care Self-Assessment - CGTL
o This handout includes a self-care self-assessment with key strategies for fostering resilience and a self-care planning tool to assist educators in identifying areas of strength and growth related to self-care and developing self-care plans.
· Compassion Resilience Toolkit - Rogers and DPI
o A focus on compassion resilience will guide all staff back to the core set of values and the drive for a sense of purpose that drew them to work in schools in the first place. It will do so by supporting the development of a strong set of skills to manage expectations, set professional and personal boundaries, build effective collegial relationships, and practice real-time and ongoing self-care.
· COVID Toolkit Update - Rogers and DPI
o Short videos on such topics as expectations, boundaries, and gratitude.
· Why Teacher Self-Care Matters and How to Practice Self-Care in Your School – Waterford
o Self-care explained with strategies.
· 10 Self-Compassion Practices for COVID 19 - Center for Mindful Self Compassion
o 10 practices from the Mindful Self-Compassion program
· Guidance, Scripts, Strategies, & Resources for Supporting Students and Educators During COVID-19, GAIN EVSC
o Coping and strategies
· Self-Compassion Guided Meditations and Exercises - Dr. Kristin Neff
o Audio recordings with compassionate meditations
· Role-Clarity and Boundaries for Trauma-Informed Teachers - Alex Shevrin Venet
o Article written by a teacher for teachers about boundary setting in the workplace.
· Taking Care of your MH in the Face of Uncertainty – American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
o Considerations for folks struggling to take care of mental health in the face of uncertainty with strategies