New School Social Work Resource Sharing Sessions - DPI
This is an opportunity geared towards individuals new or fairly new, to the field of school social work - all school social workers are welcome. Drop in to chat about resources available through DPI, ask practice questions, and get support from the state’s school social work consultant and special guests. General session topics are provided, however discussions may stray from the topic. This is not a training and does not supplant coursework from a university program, but instead it is another place to ask questions and learn about state and national resources.
These sessions are drop-in and no registration is needed. Visit this page to find links for the virtual sessions and more information.
Time: 11:30-12:30 pm
Dates and Starting Topics:
- Thurs., Aug 26 - NASW Standards, SSWAA Practice Model, State and National Associations
- Wed. Sept. 22 - Pupil Records, Sharing Information, and HIPAA v FERPA
- Wed. Oct. 20 - Comprehensive School Mental Health Systems Framework, MLSS, PBIS, risk assessment
- Tues. Nov 23 - Special Education, EBD, Related Services, social histories
- Wed. Dec. 15 - Attendance/Truancy
- Wed. Jan 19 - ESSA - Supporting students in Out-of-Home Care & working with child welfare, Cultural Responsiveness, LGBTQ+
- Thurs. Feb. 17 - Trauma Sensitive Schools, Social and Emotional Learning, Self Care & Compassion
- Wed. March 16 -Understanding the roles of School Counselors and School Psychologists
- Wed. April 20 - Reducing and Responding to Sexual Violence, Title IX, Child Abuse, protective behaviors, anti-human trafficking